BUCS ACADEMIES 50/50 RAFFLES OFFICIAL RULES
- NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Bucs Academies 50/50 Raffles (the “Raffles”) are sponsored by Bucs Care Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”), a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with its principal place of business at One Buccaneer Place, Tampa, FL 33607. The Foundation is the official charity of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football club (the “Buccaneers”). Raffles are only offered in Tampa, Florida (the "Raffle Area"). Void outside the Raffle Area and where prohibited.
- Each Raffle raises funds for the Foundation’s charitable programs and local charities to support the local Tampa Bay community. All prizes are funded by the Foundation. No refunds will be made, except as otherwise determined by Foundation in its sole discretion. Raffle ticket (each a “Ticket” or a “Raffle Ticket”) donations are not tax deductible. Making a contribution or donation will not improve your chances of winning.
- Each Raffle is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Foundation shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding tickets, deadlines, winning ticket number selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Raffle-related advertising or materials.
- One (1) Raffle will be held during each Buccaneers home game (each a “Game”), at Raymond James Stadium (“Stadium”) starting on August 26, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2017. Raffle tickets will be available starting when public parking lots at the Stadium open for each Game and closing at the beginning of the third (3rd) quarter of such Game. Drawing to determine the winning Raffle Ticket number (the “Winning Ticket Number”) will be held during the fourth (4th) quarter of each Game. Stadium scoreboard will be the official time-keeping device for each Raffle. Raffle Tickets are only valid on the same day.
- The list of scheduled Games and the time gates open to the public for each Game are available at http://www.buccaneers.com. Please note that National Football League (“NFL”) Game dates and times and gate opening times are determined in the sole discretion of the NFL and/or the Buccaneers, as applicable, and are subject to change. If a scheduled Game is not played for any reason, no Raffle will be held during that Game). For Raffle information and announcements, visit http://www.buccaneers.com/5050 (the “Raffle Page”).
- Winner may be issued Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) tax forms or other required documentation and/or reporting forms for the value of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize. The Foundation is required by law to withhold and remit to the Internal Revenue Service on any winner’s behalf an amount equal to twenty-five percent (25%) of any prize awarded (such amount being referred to herein as the “Withholding Amount”) if the value of such prize exceeds $5,000 and the winner is a citizen or resident alien of the United States with a Social Security number (different rules as promulgated by the Internal
Revenue Service apply for nonresident aliens and for resident aliens and citizens of the United States who do not have a Social Security number) or as otherwise required by law.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident present in the Raffle Area (above) during the relevant Game.
- Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Foundation, Buccaneers T eam LLC (“BTLLC”), any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of any of the Raffles, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children, and each of their respective spouses) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term "household" includes all persons residing together (part-time or full-time) in a single residence, whether or not related.
PRIZE & ODDS
- Prize (1): Cash or check in the amount of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) or fifty percent (50%) of the Net Raffle Proceeds, whichever is greater. “Net Raffle Proceeds” shall mean the total Raffle Proceeds collected through Raffle Ticket donations during the relevant Game less sixteen percent (16%) to cover royalties, staffing, and other equipment-related costs. The actual amount received by winner shall be subject to and reduced by the Withholding Amount (as defined below) if any. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): minimum of $50.00.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of Tickets distributed.
- All prize details shall be at Foundation’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any).
- The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not accepted by winner is forfeited and no substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize may not be substituted except that Foundation in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- A separate Raffle will be conducted at each home Game (for list of home games, see schedule at http://www.buccaneers.com). On each Game date, Raffle Tickets will be available beginning when the public parking lots around Raymond James Stadium (the “Stadium”) open and ending at the beginning of the third (3rd) quarter of the Game (the “Entry Period”).
- To obtain Raffle Tickets:
- In-Person at Kiosks: Starting at approximately ninety (90) minutes before kick-off Raffle Tickets will be available at six (6) stationary selling locations on the concourses at the Stadium (“Kiosks”), in the following Sections: Section 213 – West Club; Section 234 – East Club; Section 106 – West Concourse; Section 115 – West Concourse; Section 131 – East Concourse; Section 140 – East Concourse (see below for Suggested Minimum Contribution);
- In-Stadium Raffle Sales Representatives: Starting at approximately ninety (90) minutes before kick-off, Raffle Tickets will be available throughout the Stadium and surrounding parking lots from uniformed Raffle Sales Representatives (see below for Suggested Minimum Contribution);
- External Raffle Sales Representatives: Starting at approximately three and one- half (3.5) hours before kick-off, Raffle Tickets will be available in parking lots surrounding the Stadium from uniformed Raffle Sales Representatives (see below for Suggested Minimum Contribution) and ending thirty (30) minutes prior to kick- off;
- Mobile Online Sales (Stadium area only): Starting at approximately three and one- half (3.5) hours before kick-off, Raffle Tickets will be available to purchase on mobile devices by visiting http://www.bucs5050.com when on the Stadium property (see below for Suggested Minimum Contribution); DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE IN THE RAFFLES; “Suggested Minimum Contribution” for Raffle Tickets is as follows: $10 for five (5) Tickets, $20 for twenty (20) Tickets, and $50 for one hundred and fifty (150) Tickets.
- NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY: You may obtain Raffle Tickets without making a purchase or contribution by visiting the Box Office at any time during the Entry Period for the relevant Game. These are the only methods of obtaining Raffle Tickets. Tickets will not be distributed via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- Raffle Tickets will only be distributed until the beginning of the third (3rd) quarter of the Game, except that Raffle Tickets will only be available from Raffle Sales Representatives in parking lots, tailgates, etc., outside the Stadium until thirty (30) minutes prior to kick-off. Non-winning Tickets will not carry forward to subsequent Games, if any.
- Foundation is not responsible for Raffle Tickets that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, damaged, defaced, altered, copied or incorrect for any reason, and all such Raffle Tickets are void. Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Raffle Ticket at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
WINNING TICKET SELECTION, ANNOUNCEMENT AND WINNER VERIFICATION
- During the fourth (4th) quarter of each Game, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Foundation or its designee will randomly choose the number of one (1) Ticket from all Tickets timely distributed during the corresponding Game (the “Winning Ticket Number”). The Winning Ticket number will be announced during the Game and published to the
Raffle Page within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. Subject to verification of eligibility, the person who presents the Raffle Ticket with the matching Winning Ticket Number during the Claims Period (defined below) will be declared the winner. You do not have to be present to win.
- In order to claim the prize, the winner must present his/her original Winning Ticket:
- To any Buccaneers Guest and Member Relations booth located behind Sections 106 and 131 at the Stadium before the end of the Game; or
- To a Foundation representative at the Foundation’s offices at One Buccaneers Place, Tampa, Florida 33607, during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) to 5:00 p.m. ET) within fourteen (14) business days of the corresponding Game (the “Claims Period”).
- The original Winning Ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming prize. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost or stolen Raffle Tickets or Raffle Tickets redeemed in error by their agents. For questions or inquiries, please call a Foundation representative at (813) 870-2700 during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
- The potential winner will be required to provide his/her mailing address (“Mailing Address”) and telephone number, to execute and return to Foundation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, a W-9 tax form, and present two (2) forms of identification satisfying the requirements for completion of the W-9, including or as well as at least one (1) valid government-issued photo identification during the Claims Period. Upon presentation of the Winning Ticket during the Claims Period, the Foundation will verify that such Ticket bears the Winning Ticket Number and is the authentic Winning Ticket and thereafter retain the Winning Ticket. Within thirty (30) days of winner’s compliance with the foregoing verification requirements and procedures, the Foundation shall mail a check in payment of the prize, less the Withholding Amount, if any, to the winner at the Mailing Address.
- In the event that the potential winner fails to present the Winning Ticket during Claims Period, fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to accept the prize, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Foundation in its discretion may disqualify that individual and he/she will forfeit the prize. In the event that no one presents the Winning Ticket to Foundation prior to the end of the Claims Period in accordance with the procedures above, the prize will be forfeited. The Foundation will not be required to attempt to notify or locate the holder of the Winning Ticket in any manner other than by publishing the Winning Ticket Number on the Raffle Page and during Game as noted above. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for the failure of any person to review the Raffle Page for the Winning Ticket Number or to call the Foundation’s telephone number at 813-870-2700, or for otherwise being unaware that he or she may possess the Winning Ticket, or for failing present the Winning Ticket during the Claims Period and otherwise as required by these Official Rules. Any purported Winning Ticket not presented to the Foundation during the Claim Period and in accordance with these Official Rules shall be void and the corresponding prize forfeited. Any forfeited prize will be retained by the Foundation.
- Foundation and BTLLC may, in their sole discretion, post the verified winner's name on the Raffle Page and/or any of Foundation’s and BTLLC’s respective websites, including http://www.buccaneers.com, and on or in any of Foundation’s and BTLLC’s respective social media pages or channels, and broadcast it on any of Foundation’s and BTLLC’s respective stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award Foundation and BTLLC the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on Foundation’s and BTLLC’s respective websites), likeness, biographical information, e- mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By participating in the Raffle, you agree that Foundation, the NFL Entities (as defined below), any other company involved in the development or administration of this Raffle, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for Tickets that for any reason are not properly distributed or presented by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Raffle, or in the selection or announcement of the Winning Ticket or the prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Raffle or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Raffle; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Raffle-related materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Raffle, the distribution of Raffle Tickets, the selection of Winning Ticket, the prize or otherwise in any Raffle-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE RAFFLE OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS
PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE RAFFLE OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE RAFFLE.
- By participating in the Raffle, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Raffle or any Raffle-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of Raffle- related materials during or after the Raffle; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE RAFFLE, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF- POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. WITHOUT LIMITNG THE FOREGOING, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS RAFFLE AND/OR ACCEPTING PRIZE, YOU RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSSES AND LIABILITIES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHICH THEY MAY NOW AN HEREAFTER ASSERT.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- The Foundation reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Raffle, or any part thereof, in the event that Foundation determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Raffle has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond Foundation’s control. In such an event, Foundation will post notice of same at the Raffle Page and select the Winning Ticket number at random from all non-suspect Tickets distributed prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Raffle.
- The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Raffle if the Foundation concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the operation of the Raffle in any way, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards the Foundation or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes using or attempting to use any prohibited device or method of entry. Any failure by the Foundation to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND THE FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Raffle, including any reference to the status of any person as a "winner" or any Ticket as a “Winning Ticket” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If Foundation determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of a Ticket and/or entrant with the Official Rules, Foundation reserves the right to disqualify such Ticket and/or entrant from the Raffle and prize at any time. The Foundation reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Foundation determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Foundation. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with Foundation and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- Foundation reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Raffle-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Foundation reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
34.All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Raffle, you expressly agree that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest to you; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
- By participating in the Raffle, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Raffle or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Raffle- related materials, including but not limited to the Raffle Tickets, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
38.Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Raffle is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Raffle.
- THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, INC., NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL PRODUCTIONS LLC, NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "NFL ENTITIES") WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS RAFFLE IN ANY WAY.
WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Raffle Page or http://www.buccaneers.com or mail a SASE to: Bucs Academies 50/50 Raffles c/o Foundation, One Buccaneer Place, Tampa, FL 33607, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Final Winners’ List will be available after January 31, 2018.
41.A COPY OF OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR FOUNDATION (REGISTRATION NUMBER CH14284) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.